Sleep Apnea Therapy 30 Day Pack
People diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea who could not adjust to CPAP therapy now have another option. Provent is approved for the treatment of OSA. The Provent MicroValve is placed over each nostril to create airway pressure preventing airway collapse. The one-use device is discarded in the morning.
Who Might Benefit from Provent?
- Provent treats Sleep Apnea without using a mask and CPAP machine. It may be an option for a person who has given up on CPAP therapy.
- Provent makes contact only with the nares, or the area around nasal openings. There are no straps or buckles. Someone who has never found a nasal mask that worked for them may find Provent a fit.
- Traveling with a CPAP set up can be frustrating. Provent greatly lightens the load when traveling.
- Provent provides treatment for OSA using only a very small and unique nasal device. It is another option for people diagnosed with OSA who have never begun treatment because the machine and mask were uncomfortable.
- A person experiencing claustrophobia may be unable to wear a mask. Provent covers only the nasal opening only.
It is clinically proven that Provent is effective in reducing daytime sleepiness and nighttime snoring. It is an FDA cleared treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Provent works with the user’s own breathing to treat OSA. It is very small and compact and easy to use. Provent is powered by the exhalation process.
30 Day Pack
The 30 Day Pack is meant as a resupply purchase for people who have already tried Provent therapy. If you have not yet tried Provent, the manufacturer suggests starting with the Provent 30 Day Starter Kit.
- Small & Portable Pouch for Each One-Time-Use Pair
- Unique Nasal Device
- FDA cleared to Treat OSA
- Proven Effective in Clinical Studies
- Convenient & Easy to Use
- Extremely Travel Friendly
- No Equipment Setup or Maintenance
- Hypoallergenic Adhesive
- Treats Mild, Moderate and Severe OSA
How Provent Works
The unique MicroValve of Provent is placed just inside each nostril, using the cone to guide placement. Provent secured in place using hypoallergenic adhesive, similar to a band aid, which was developed with Johnson & Johnson. As the user exhales, the air is channeled through small openings in the MicroValve creating pressure keeping the airway open. This is much like the pressure delivered by a CPAP machine. As the user inhales the valve opens to allow airflow into the body. Provent increases pressure only during exhalation unlike CPAP which increases airflow during both inhalation and exhalation.
Anyone who has traveled with a CPAP has had the experience of packing up the machine, mask, hose and extension cord and going through the security check hoping that nothing is lost or broken.
Simply put, Provent is ideal for travel. Slip it into a purse, pocket, shaving kit or carry on bag. Because Provent does not use electricity it eliminates the hotel room hunt for an outlet to plug in a machine. Some users elect to use Provent for travel and CPAP when at home.
A prescription is required to make a purchase of Provent. The prescription should be written specifically for “Provent” or “Provent Therapy”.
- Provent Prescription Form - PDF, 127.04 KB